12 July 2010

An Affordable Wardrobe in Person: Wrap Up

The Menswear Shopping Party at Raspberry Beret is a wrap. A good time was had by all (I think). Many thanks to those of you who turned out for the event...especially those of you who bought my wares. When I started this blog more than three years ago, it was all for laughs, basically. I had no clue where it would take me. It's nice to sell some stuff, but it's most gratifying is meeting some of my readers face to face. The people I meet through this and the thoughts we share are far and away the best part of life in the "blogosphere". (yuck...did I just say that?)

Of course, my deepest gratitude is reserved for Rachael for not only hosting me in her fine shop, but suggesting the idea in the first place. Thanks.

p.s. turns out the "Brookslinen" jacket in periwinkle blue works best with charcoal grey tropical worsted slacks.

11 comments:

Classic Trad said...

Most everything works best with charcoal grey tropical worsted slacks.

Maanum's Meandering Musings said...

Congrats on your successful day.

Scott Alexander said...

Congrats on your success at Raspberry Beret! I'll be sending quite a few pieces your way soon.

matthew said...

pretty much broken hearted that i dont live in Mass and couldnt attend. that tennis tie had my name on it.


"G's Online Flea" sure has a nice ring to it!

Sean said...

This answers an ongoing question:

Where do you keep all your stuff?

James said...

Please tell me that safari jacket at the end of the rack sold, I can't stand it!

NCJack said...

Thought I might make the Spring flea, but alas, now this when I'm just back (and broke) from a month in Canada/Alaska. Hope there's going to be some sort of Fall "do" that just maybe I can get to.

David M. said...

Did you move those 19th hole pants? I really wish those fit me, wicked prep pants.

Horrible Old Man said...

so any other chances for raiding your wardrobe soon?

Young Fogey said...

Sounds like it was a success--congratulations! How long until you open your on-line store?

In order to garner the greatest tax benefit, it would be better if you incorporated. E-mail me if you want to learn more (disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV).

tintin said...

Whatever happened to the gardening blog?